Thursday, August 18, 2011

Subliminal Messages in Our 90's MUSIC: Spice Girls Edition

In NO WAY is this post intended to put the Spice Girls in a negative light, because quite frankly I'll always love their music & what they were/represented in the nineties! 
GIRL POWER BITCHES!!!

A (HIS)TORY LESSON:

No matter if you were a girl, or if you were a boy growing up in the nineties you couldn't HELP but catch SPICE FEVER in the nineties! LORD I KNOW I DID!!!
I remember begging my parentals to get me platform shoes. Of course my Father wasn't too pleased, and I ended up getting some vans, EWWW!!! (insert ROFLMAO here.) 
For whatever reason in the nineties Baby Spice was my favorite, looking back now I realize it's probably because she was the blonde. 
YOU SEE I developed my infatuation for blondes at quite an early age :)
The Spice Girls broke onto the scene in the nineties with their ridiculously catchy first single "Wannabe", and not only captured the hearts of Europe, but were insanely popular here stateside as well. 
Looking back now I think what made this group so unique is that they all took on a different persona which I don't believe was really ever done before, and hasn't really been mastered since. So I'd definitely consider them innovators in that sense. 
They were the first girl group to truly represent GIRL POWER and female empowerment way before DESTINY'S CHILD!
Their sophomore album "SPICE WORLD" also was hugely successful, and was intertwined with their very own movie by the same title. 

SPICE MANIA WAS IN FULL EFFECT and YES, yours truly was bouncing off the walls crazy cause of the sugar high I was getting from all my SPICE GIRLS CANDY!!!

IF SOMEONE READING THIS WILL GO ON EBAY AND BUY ME SOME I'D GO FREAKIN' NUTS AND SERIOUSLY 
LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!










Just when you thought life couldn't get any SPICER (ahaha) something absolutely tragic happen that will FOREVER be remembered by all true 90's kids...
YES, I'm talking about the day GINGER LEFT THE SPICE GIRLS :(
(CYAAAAA bitches I'm GOIN' SOLO!!!!)

THE GINGER QUITTER said asta la vista bitches & went on to pursue a solo career that some could argue was somewhat successful, but it definitely wasn't a Beyonce leaving Destiny's Child to become an icon situation ya know? :)
Here is here first single "Look at Me" (1999)
(She definitely looks like Lindsay Lohan in some shots don't cha think?!)
^Of course she was BEFORE La Lohan grew up into a vixen! 

Without the ginge in the picture, Spice Girl fans were holding on to the edge of their seats hoping their beloved group would carry on...somehow. 


Of course, in show business when there is money to be made...the show must go on!

The result? The groups 3rd album and as of now last, "Forever"

Which should of waited til' FOREVER to be released cause it was terrible! It spawned the first single "Holler" which pales in comparison to their singles before. JUDGE FOR YOURSELF ------------>

Of course like something out of a fairy tale, the girls reunited for a tour in 2007! 

Unfortunately for Spice fans, a full album was never released, although they did release some material with them all together again and even shot a video.
(that I won't post cause it's rubbish.)


SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES IN THEIR MUSIC?!

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends,
Make it last forever friendship never ends,
If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give,
Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is. 
Promoting WEED USE (not like that's a BAD thing hehe :P)

THE (CON)CLUSION:
If you've ever wondered why you smoke so much or your friends call you a loosey gossey ahaha you might wanna blame this song! ahaha. JK
JUDGE FOR YOURSELF
cause ultimately you should be the only ones making your decisions for yourself (YEEEAHH I'M REBELLIOUS) roflmao.

Until we meet again,
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment